Monday, May 31, 2010

Top Five Quotes About Sports and Retirement

When it comes to retirement some greats leave before their time (Sandy Koufax, Barry Sanders) and some go after their time (Muhammad Ali, Willie Mays). Either way, there are some great quotes about sports and retirement.

Top Five Retirement and Sports Quotes

1) "When nobody showed up, I said the heck with it and decided to play another year."
--John Fitzgerald, Cowboy Center, on announcing his retirement

2) "I ain't doing a damn thing and I don't start until noon."
--Bum Phillips, on his retirement

3) "I knew it was time to retire when I was driving down the lane and got called for a three second violation."
--Johnny "Red" Kerr

4) "Somebody will have to come out and take the uniform off me, and the guy who comes after it had better bring help."
--Early Wynn, Hall of Fame Pitcher

5) "Sports is the only profession I know that when you retire, you have to go to work."
--Earl Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment